Saturday, February 28, 2009

"Draft Junkie, That Funky Monkey..."

As we get older, busier, etc., we find that we have to cut things out of our lives. My first cut was collecting baseball cards when I realized I needed the money once spent on those wax packs to spend at the "UA" in Granada Hills, CA since that was where all the "cool chicks" from all of the junior highs hung out.

Then as I got married, added a mortgage to the portfolio, had a child, I lost the time and the will to create the time for video games (still play; just not an addict anymore).

A couple years ago, after several years of domination, I retired from Fantasy Baseball, as I was unwilling to put in the time that was demanded to win the cash.

But as I tried to get out, they dragged me back in by offering the one thing that could get me back...The FREE AUCTION DRAFT. Basically that means that instead of the old fashioned serpentine; wait for your turn for 20 minutes draft, you are given a salary cap, and can openly bid for any players you want as long as you realized you only have $260 for 25 players. IT IS AWESOME!!! AND I CAN'T STOP!!! now I can apply any "philosophy" I want and see if my way is the right way!!! I am like the guy on that CBS show NUMBERS with complicated algorithms I come up with in the middle of the night on how to build the best team with $260 while bidding against 9 other teams.

Once you go auction, you never go back!!!

No comments: